Stabat Mater Menevia

Stabat Mater Menevia
We praise you O Lord and we bless you, for by thy Holy Cross thou hast redeemed the world

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Welsh National Pilgrimage to Lourdes

Catholics from across Wales will be setting off on Saturday 14th July on the annual Pilgrimage to Lourdes.

We wish them all a safe journey and a holy pilgrimage.

The only down side, from the Confraternity point of view, is that, there will not be a Latin Mass this coming Sunday in Menevia;  but we can pray for the pilgrims and their families and for our own causes:



Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes

Oh ever immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfortess of the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Look upon me with mercy. When you appeared in the grotto of Lourdes, you made it a privileged sanctuary where you dispense your favours, and where many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. My loving Mother, obtain my request. I will try to imitate your virtues so that I may one day share your company and bless you in eternity. Amen.